Five Places to Experience Snowfall This New Year
Witnessing the snow-clad mountains, walking down the snow-covered roads, and tossing a snowball while walking on snow-covered hillock – these are some snow-filled activities that will definitely offer you a moment of unbridled joy. This New Year, if you also want to get yourself enveloped in the snow, do visit the below-mentioned places.
- Shimla, HP– Shimla is an ideal destination for the tourists who want to experience the snow fall. This destination attracts a lot of tourists because it is covered with snow almost all round the year, thus making it an appropriate destination for holiday goers. Starting from a trek ride in Kufri to Jhaku temple in Shimla, the destination is truly a perfect place to experience a white morning.
- Mumsiyari, Uttrakhand– Another travel location that attracts the tourists is Mumsiyari; it is popularly referred as Little Kashmir, owing to its scenic beauty and charm. The destination is located in Uttrakhand- a heavenly destination. The place remains enveloped with the snow during December to February months and the place also has natural springs of hot water sprouted amidst the snow.
- Auli, Uttrakhand – Situated in Garhwal Himalayas, Auli is a destination that can be visited at any time of the year. Though the place is covered with artificial snow all year round, but winter is the best time to enjoy because during this season the place is full of picturesque sceneries and snow fall. The temperature in the winter can go down to 2 degree Celsius and does not increase above 10 degree Celsius.
- Tsomgo Lake, North Sikkim-Tsomogo Lake is also referred to as Changu Lake. It is a glacial area situated at an altitude of 12,310 feet above the sea level. The name has been derived from the source of water. The destination looks all the more alluring during the winter season!
- Kashmir- We have kept the best for the last! Be mesmerized by the Kashmir valley during the winter season. Areas like Tangmarg in Baramulla district of North Kashmir to Bannihal town experience spectacular snowfall. Here, the tourists can either sit inside the hotel to enjoy the snow-clad areas, visit a snow-covered shikara, or have a look at the snow-capped mountains.
Because of all its scenic beauty, the destination is creating huge waves among the tourists. Various flights from Delhi to Jammu operate to make your journey hassle free and comfortable.
There are several hotels like Ginger Hotels that offer special packages and discounts to woo the tourists. Some may offer complimentary meals, a bottle of champagne, gourmet treats, candle light dinners, spas, and much more, so it is better to book your tickets well in advance. There are other accommodation options like renting an apartment, if you are planning to stay with your family for a longer time period. Most apartments require a tourist to stay for minimum 7 days and do not entertain bookings for 1-2 days.
Be prepared to welcome the New Year with these exotic destinations that offer a snow-filled holiday experience for your entire family. Hurry up and book your tickets, so that you can reach these amazing places when the snowfall is in its prime.